Thermaglaze are fully committed to the environment. Our objective is to create a climate of excellence for not only our products and/or services, but also for our employees, persons affected by our activities and the environment In order to achieve this the following environmental policy has been established.
We will manage our activities to minimise wherever practicable their effect on the environment. In this we are committed at all levels and within all functions of the organisation to continual improvement. We recognise that this will only be achieved through regular monitoring of our environmental performance against objectives regulated by a committed management system.
Our environmental policy commits the company to ensure that we:
- Always implement (as they become available) the very latest environmental saving products within our product ranges, from energy saving sealed units in our A-rated Thermaglaze max energy efficient windows through to our renewable energy producing solar PV systems.
- Reduce our impact on the environment through a system of continuous improvement.
- Reduce the amount of water and electricity consumption and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Reduce waste to the lowest level and reduce environmental effects on future operations.
- Employ local staff, minimise travel and CO2 emissions. Train and educate all employees on environment practice and matters that could cause harm to the environment.
- The company maintains that a primary part of its corporate environmental strategy is sustainable waste management and as such recycles all waste materials from the fabrication and installation process wherever possible.
- We will work with our suppliers to ensure that they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
- Through coordinating route planning and delivery schedules minimise the impact of noise, traffic and pollution in our local environment.
- Look to only use services and products from suppliers that can be handled, used, stored and disposed of in a matter that does not effect the environment.
- Review this policy in the light of new legislation or public concern.